Español

Just to clear things up, I'm not the kind of person who likes to make a new year's resolution. I think new year's resolutions are fake and unreliable. I believe if somebody wants to make a change she or he doesn't have to wait for new year. Just change already.

So this wish, or to-do, doesn't have anything to do with new year. It's simply there, waiting for me to do it. And this thing is....

Learning Spanish.

Yep. Learning new language.

It seems like I have so much free time on my hand that I can actually spare some to learn a new language. And thinking that I am #uripninglondo (living in The Netherlands), it seems to make no sense to learn Spanish isn't it?

Well, I have my reasons. My reason is...my friends.

See, here in The Netherlands I am more less alone with no family. For a person who had always lived with her family in her whole life, living so far alone is a bit scary. But as a good person *cough cough* I always get help. The help comes in a shape of some people, some really good friends.

Strangely enough, the closest friends to me (beside my best friend from bachelor who happens to go to the same city as me), are not Indonesian. They are American and Peruvian/Dutch. These guys are the best because they drag me to study and work hard all the time with them, but occasionally they also drag me to have fun too.

It's always nice to hang out with them....except when they start to speak in Spanish. Yep. Both are Spanish speaker, and they like to speak in Spanish, leave me clueless to whatever they're saying. It is surely not a big deal, actually, but I think it will be really nice if I start to learn Spanish so I can keep up with them.

So yeah, this new year's resolution is to speak Spanish!

Wish me luck!


Written under the roof,
January 2nd

Aida

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beasiswa LPDP #5 - Persiapan Keberangkatan (PK)

Terima Kasih Tuhan

Surat 1