(Winter) Clothes

So now it is winter here in The Netherlands. And no, no snow. Not a speck in sight.

The temperature ranges from -4℃ to 7℃ here, with the first being super cold and the last being rather warm.

When I was still in Indonesia I often wondered to myself, what would I wear if I was in a winterland. I detest cold in general, and surely winter is a cold time. Well now I have the answer:

Layers and accessories.

Layer and layer of clothes are the savior. I learned that if I wore multiple layers of clothes underneath my coat, I would be nice and warm. The nice thing about layering is, if you're too warm, you can easily peel off the outer layer, and vice versa, if you're too cold, you can easily add without being (too) bulky.

Example of layering I do.
Tank top. T-shirt. Cotton sweater. Stockings. Jeans. Thick jacket.
Bra. T-shirt. Sweater. Stockings. Short skirt. Medium-long coat.

As for the accessory, don't forget to wear a scarf. It is quite essential to wear a scarf. Thick scarves are my favorite. The thicker the better. Apparently for me, when my neck is warm almost the whole body is instantly warmer.

Head is also important. Put on a beanie or a wool hat will make a difference in a very cold surrounding. I am not very patient with this part, which is a bit stupid, but usually I wear jackets with hood. It can replace the hat. In Germany I saw people cover their head with scarf, yep, like hijab, but not quite. I think that's also smart. I would try that had I have a scarf long enough to cover both my head and my neck. Anyway, cover your head!

Lastly, wear gloves. Be sure that the gloves are not too tight. If they're too tight, they will prevent blood from running into the tip of your fingers and make them even colder. I learnt it the hard way when I tried to look really cool in a pair of small leather gloves. They made me lost feeling of my fingers, which sucks.

If you have money to spare, buy a fluffy robe, the one that resembles a bath robe. It's really comfy to snuggle up in that robe, holding hot chocolate, watching movie at home at winter ;)



I started this post to tell the clothes I wear during winter and I end up telling people how to dress during winter. LOL.


Written in a pink fluffy robe, under the roof, with hot chocolate just next to the computer,
January 5th

Aida


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beasiswa LPDP #5 - Persiapan Keberangkatan (PK)

Terima Kasih Tuhan

Surat 1